Business requirement analysis for a validation reportA consultant and a QA Engineer, possibly with the assistance of a technical architect, in the RP Modification phase need to check if the requirements are:
1. UnambiguousThere can be only one way to interpret the requirement. Sometimes ambiguity is introduced by undefined acronyms:
- REQ1 FO is working as desired with warehouses.
- REQ1 The Finance and Operations (FO) module operates with the given functionality of advanced warehouse management (the list of functions is provided in Appendix 1).
2. TestableTesters must be able to verify whether the requirement has been implemented correctly. The test ends with either a pass or fail. To be testable, the requirements must be clear, precise, and unambiguous. Some words can make a requirement untestable: A. adjectives such as:
- in a timely manner
- REQ2 Up to 100 positions per page should be displayed, then the page should break and the next 100 results should be displayed on it.
3. ClearRequirements should not contain unnecessary verbiage or information, but rather be stated clearly and simply:
- REQ3 The user can upload the data using the drag-and-drop method or the data can be uploaded by choosing a file in File Explorer and clicking the upload button.
- REQ3 Data should be uploaded into the system by clicking the Upload button.
4. CorrectIf a requirement contains facts, these facts should be true:
- REQ4 Value Added Tax should be at 23% rate for all items that are in the system.
- REQ5 Time should be presented in this format HH:MM
- REQ6 Time should be presented in this format HH:MM am/pm
- REQ5 For users from Europe the time format should be HH:MM
- REQ6 For users from the US and UK the time format should be HH:MM am/pm
6. CompleteA requirement should be specified for all the conditions that can occur:
- REQ7 In case of system failure because of lack of data, the system should display a modal with appropriate information and move back to the data upload step.
- REQ8 In case of system failure because of wrong type of data, the system should display a modal with appropriate information and move back to the data upload step.